In yesterdays message we talked of angel healing and received some awesome and motivating comments – thank you to all of those who sent positive messages through our contact page. We certainly appreciate your feedback and of course others who read these posts would also like to see these comments, so if you wouldn’t mind replying to the actual post itself it would be greatly appreciated as I would love for others to see your feedback. It is a great way for us to have an ongoing conversation on the subject. Today’s post is a bit different from yesterdays subject and we are getting close to the end of our series on meditation so I wanted to throw in a message on meditation exercises.
After a hectic day of meeting deadlines, running your children to school, attending meetings and so on, you will not doubt be looking forward to going home and relaxing. Do you know how to relax, what is the best technique to relaxing? Of course one method we have been talking about for quite some time and is very effective is meditation.
When meditating you will notice many benefits:
- Your Breathing Slows
- Your Blood Pressure is Reduced
- The Tension Melts from Your Muscles
- Anxiety and Irritability are Reduced
- Stressful Thoughts Are Eliminated
- You Have Clear Thinking
- Headaches and Stress are reduced
- Your Focus and Concentration are Enhanced
When meditating you can focus on many different things such as breathing, an object, a sound or a picture. Regardless of what you decide to focus on, it is very important to remain focused on that thought and not jump from one thing to another. If you do experience any distractions including external thoughts work hard to force them out. When you are first starting to meditate, this type of distraction is normal and you will find your thoughts wandering throughout your sessions as you continue to practice meditation. Be patient and give yourself time to improve and once you master this skill you will find it is more natural than you could have thought possible.
Block out 30 minutes of your time right now and try these meditation exercises and start to incorporate these techniques into your daily routine so you can achieve total relaxation – your health will thank you:
1. Tense Relax – with this technique start by clenching your fists and then pull your forearms firmly against your upper arms. Keeping your muscles tensed, do the same for your leg muscles. Now, your jaw must also be clenched and your eyes tightly shut. As you keep all your muscles tense, breath deeply in through your nose, hold for a count of 5. Now let go of everything at once. Exhale out through your mouth – Feel the sensations while your tensions are being released, feel the stress draining from your body.
2. Heaviness / Warmth – this is done by feeling your legs and feet getting heavier and warmer by the second. Imagine you are wearing lead boots, next try to imagine your stomach area is also getting warmer and relaxed. Tell yourself you’re forehead is getting cooler and relaxed. Breath easy and regularly. Feel your entire body getting heavy and each section of your body getting warmer and warmer.
Along with these meditation exercises use some healing music to further enhance the positive experience of your meditation session.
Tags:healing meditation,Healing Music,meditation,meditation exercises,meditation guide,methods of meditation